The candidates will show they can adapt in their role to meet the needs of the employer and learner which includes teaching and delivery of topics relevant to their qualification. An individual learning plan will be created to support your learning and growth within your sector. We also offer interactive resources to support development. Candidates must have potential to discuss their progress via methods such as Adobe Connect Workshops. They will have access to online Smart Screen resources from C&G.
In partnership with their patients, Peartree Medical Centre aims to provide.
Our core values are to: Recruit, support, train & empower caring staff to deliver a high quality service. Provide clear clinical and non-clinical leadership so that staff have a consistent understanding of what is expected.Be proud of what we do and how we can positively impact on some of the most disadvantaged & vulnerable in our society.
Promote patient self-help and health education through delivery of the Practice’s own education programme or in direct partnership with other agencies/sectors where this will be for the benefit of Peartree patients. Share success and learn from poor outcomes. Above all, keep the patient at the forefront of our thoughts and not be distracted by anything else.
To provide an efficient, confidential and welcoming reception service to all patients and visitors to the Practice.
To use all Practice computer systems effectively and efficiently to record and maintain all confidential data.
To provide administrative support for all clinicians and the Business/Practice Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive patients with appointments and send them through to the doctor or nurse at the appropriate times.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to patients wishing to register and make sure these procedures are completed.
- Advise patients of charges for non – NHS services, accept payment and issue receipts
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and all other visitors to the practice. Pass any query that cannot be dealt with to the appropriate member of staff.
- Make sure the consulting rooms are prepared correctly before each surgery starts and that they are checked at the end of surgery, notes are collected and sorted for filing and prescriptions are locked up.
- Make sure the reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
- Support the Reception team to ensure that all noticeboards are up to date. Ensure that all leaflet racks are fully stocked.
- Produce appointment letters as directed.
- Make appointments for patients in person and over the telephone in accordance with practice procedures.
- Receive and make calls as directed. Respond to all queries in accordance with practice procedures. Divert calls and take accurate messages as appropriate.
- Make sure that letters, reports and results are dealt with in accordance with practice procedures.
- File paper records in strict alphabetical order.
- Record any changes in patient details on the patients’ records and on the computer.
- As directed, assist with the production of private letters, insurance reports and photocopy notes.
- If you are on duty at the start of the day, open up the premises, de – activate the alarm and make all necessary arrangements to receive patients.
- If you are on duty at the end of the day, ensure the building is secured and internal lights are off and alarm is activated.
- Sort out the post
- Other admin duties eg filing, copying, telephoning, tasks, faxing etc as directed by the Senior Receptionist, Practice Manager or other senior staff
Any other duty commensurate with the specific responsibilities for the post.
- Good personal organisational skills and ability to perform set procedures efficiently and accurately
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Able to act on own initiative
- Able to deal with a diverse range of people
- Adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn new IT systems and procedures
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Some form of work experience in an office or medical centre is desirable but not essential
A basic understanding of medical terminology
An understanding of the importance of patient confidentiality
Training and Qualifications Required:
Level 2 or 3 Business Administration Standard
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working flexibly between 8am - 6.30pm
Working hours are to be agreed between the above and core hours will be set.
Total hours per week: 30
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £117
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto the level 3 qualification. As well as being in full time employment.