Ark Day Nursery
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner OR Level 3 Early Years Educator
How long does it take? 12-15 months or 16-19 months depending on the qualification
Who is it with? The Ark Day Nursery
Where? 1 Vickers Street, Nottingham, NG3 4LD
Weekly Hours: Mon-Fri shifts on rota between 8am-6pm
Hourly Rate: National Apprenticeship Wage – £4.30ph
Reporting to: Pre-school room leader
About The Employer:
The Ark Nursery accommodates children on the ground and 1st floor of a Victorian 3 story building. All of their rooms are spacious, friendly and inviting to provide all the areas of learning. They have been an established private nursery for nearly 30 years.
The team at the Ark is second to none and you will find that their dedication and commitment to childcare is without question.
It is their aim at the Ark to provide children with a happy, healthy and safe environment. They are a friendly neighbourhood nursery that offers a home from home .Under the guidance of a fully qualified team & experienced managers and support from local authorities, they provide physical, emotional and educational needs for children from birth to 5 years.
About the Role:
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant, you will be able to work across all rooms from the babies to the pre-schoolers so you will gain a variety of different skills and experiences.
And Day to Day?
Our children’s nursery provides a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for children as young as six weeks, all the way up to five years. We also offer a whole host of out of school activities and trips during the school holidays, providing fun and learning outside of the classroom.
You can expect your duties and responsibilities to include:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at mealtimes and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Any other duties as requested by your Manager
And what about YOU?
- The ideal candidate should be dedicated and committed to childcare
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and outgoing
- Committed to working with children as a long-term career
- Able to relate to and engage with children in a way they understand
- Caring nature
- Very good timekeeping skills / punctual at all times
- Proactive and hard working
- Willing to participate in all kinds of games and activities
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Honest and reliable
- Kind and considerate
And the Long-Term Opportunities?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.