ABB Furse has over 120 years of expertise and technical knowledge. They provide world leading earthing, lightning and electronic systems protection solutions. From their own designed and manufactured products, through to risk assessment software and systems design advice, Furse offer a renowned Total Solution to all your earthing and lightning protection needs.
ABB Furse is looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious administrator to join their expanding organisation. This is an ideal role for someone looking to start their career in a successful business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Are you keen to pursue a career working for a well-established company? Do you possess a desire to learn and further your skills? If so this could be the ideal apprenticeship for you. Day to day duties will include:
- General administration including typing, photocopying, scanning, laminating for all departments as required
- Reception cover
- Hospitality support
- Support with mail merges for all departments
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Provide administrative support to H&S Manager and HR
- Attend H&S meetings, produce minutes and ensure actions are monitored and progressed
- Manage and update H&S Training records
- Support ABB’s annual Safety Week
- Provide ad hoc admin support to LPG Manager and senior management team and their departments as required
- Responsibility for ensuring all admin duties are carried out in a professional and confidential manner and ensuring that work is carried out to highest possible standards ensuring delivery is carried out with excellence and speed
- Other duties may have to be undertaken which will be determined by the Company, taking in to account the current level of responsibilities, experience and capabilities
The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will have a good general knowledge of ICT packages and demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy.
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
- A desire to progress with a career
- Ability to adapt when communicating dependant on the formality of a customer.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
A*-D Maths and English at GCSE desirable but not essential
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 ICT (if required)
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday:
Earliest start 8:30am, latest finish 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour: £5.68