Portland Spencer Academy is a hub of learning, creativity and exploration, where we aim to provide world class outcomes for the children and pupils who attend. In February 2014 Portland Spencer Academy converted to become an academy within the Spencer Academy Trust.
The school, which resides in a large, urban council estate in Bilborough, has a wonderful environment, both inside and out. All members of our school community take great pride in making our school look inviting and exciting so that our children, parents and carers, and visitors feel safe, welcome and enjoy the Portland experience.
We have twelve large classrooms, plus a Foundation Stage Unit which comprises of a 55 place Nursery unit (FS1) and a Reception Unit (FS2). We have a large hall with stage, dining rooms, Pre and Post Teaching rooms, a computer suite, and a nurture space (The Nest). The school has extensive grounds with two playgrounds, trim trail and tyre play area. Each classroom also has its own outdoor area which are used to provide bespoke outdoor learning opportunities.
Portland Spencer Academy Working as part of this important team you will be required to carry out duties. The nature of the Academy Year requires some of these tasks to be done regularly whilst others will be on an annual cycle. The post holder will be expected to use all Trust standard computer hardware and software packages.
Working as part of this important team you will be required to carry out the following duties. The nature of the Academy Year requires some of these tasks to be done regularly whilst others will be on an annual cycle.
The post holder will be expected to use all Trust standard computer hardware and software packages where appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To receive and welcome all visitors to the school in a friendly and professional manner
- Process ID checks for all visitors in accordance with the Trust safeguarding procedures ensuring that everyone is signed in and out and wearing appropriate identification
- To seek to ensure the safety and welfare of pupils by being aware of unexpected visitors and reporting to senior management team any concerns
- To ensure that all queries, either in person or by telephone are dealt with efficiently and appropriately
- To keep display material up to date in the office and reception area, including parent packs, standard forms etc, and replenish as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the office
- To operate the school’s pupil database (SIMS) and maintain details of all the children. Using SIMs to record attendance and input pupil information
- Administering minor first aid and contacting parents if required
- Maintaining pupil records as required and generate reports using SIMS regarding pupil information and attendance
- Collection of school meal numbers each day and passing these onto the kitchen staff
- Ensure that pupils arriving late and those leaving early are recorded in accordance with school policy
- To support in following up child’s first day of absence, seeking reason for unexplained pupil absence and enquire from parents by telephone, text messaging service/letter
- To assist the office manager as required when pupils transfer out or arrive from other schools, i.e. contact previous school for record, UPN, free meals information etc.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, flexible hours between 8.30am-4.30pm-5pm
Working Hours - 37\ p/w
Hourly Wage: £3.90
Weekly Wage: £144.30
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.