In partnership with our community; to develop happy, healthy, respectful and resilient children who are knowledgeable, aspirational and compassionate citizens with a thirst for learning and a curiosity to explore.
Our school motto is ‘Be the best you can be’ and our core values are #resilience #respect # compassion and #curiosity. Although these are our core values, we teach and develop many other character behaviours that will create pupils who are ready to face the opportunities and challenges that the next stage of education and beyond will hold. We promote healthy, active lifestyles and develop independence skills for life.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's first convertor academy.
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Kestrel Mead Primary Academy is a split site thriving, diverse and happy school with a desire to ‘be the best we can be’.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the day-to-day administrative tasks essential for the smooth running of the office. You will be a pivotal member of the team, gaining skills and qualifications to develop key administration duties and a thorough understanding of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work on the school reception desk, receiving and prioritising incoming telephone calls and queries from parents, students and other visitors.
- To undertake processing of correspondence, letters, reports, publications and other documents as required.
- To undertake photocopying and document collation as requested.
- To undertake filing in accordance with the established systems as requested.
- To assist in the production of reports.
- To welcome visitors to the school, ensuring signing in procedures are followed.
- To ensure all phone calls and visitors receive prompt, efficient and courteous service.
- To pass messages on quickly, clearly and efficiently using the agreed
- Academy format.
- To maintain awareness of all school policies and procedures affecting the
- Customer Service area, ensuring compliance at all times.
- To sort and distribute incoming mail to the school in a timely manner and to prepare and record outgoing mail.
- To input new and updated information on the school’s computerised system for pupils records, and ensuring all records are maintained and up to date.
- To undertake stock checking and filling
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Commitment to equal opportunities and equal value for students
- Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and willing to put Academy’s Equality Policies into practice
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, 8am-3.30pm (one hour lunch break)
Working Hours - 30 p/w
Hourly Wage: £3.90 - £4.50
Weekly Wage: £117 - £184.50
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business. However, this can not be guaranteed at this time.
Thing to Consider:
This post will involve contact with vulnerable groups (children, young people and/or adults) and is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check. This exemption means that applicants for this post are required to declare all criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and bind-overs both spent and unspent in their application, regardless of the passage of time.