The UK’s leading ground engineering contractor
Over the past 35 years, Van Elle has grown to become the UK’s largest independent ground engineering contractor, successfully completing more than 20,000 projects in this period and building a reputation for delivering high quality foundation and ground engineering solutions.
Innovative, expert, safe.
Van Elle has a track record of developing innovative equipment, services and products to improve the accuracy, quality and sustainability of projects across a wide number of sectors, from housing to rail, benefitting customers, stakeholders and communities.
Van Elle’s unrivalled range of techniques and design services enables its expert engineering team to develop technically-excellent and cost-effective solutions for every project, regardless of size, location, environment and requirements.
Van Elle’s number one priority is maintaining a safe working environment that protects the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, fellow project team members and communities, by continually improving and enforcing safe practices, processes and environments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Administration Apprentice to join our Training Team. This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career and be a part of the largest Ground Engineering Company in the UK. You will be completing a Level 2 in Business Administration, hopefully progressing through to Level 3.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General administration duties.
- Creating and scanning in course registers.
- Scanning in course evaluation forms and updating spreadsheet to capture course feedback.
- Scanning cards, certificates and other training documentation.
- Updating Select HR, candidate training records, training matrix and certifications spreadsheet.
- Creating training events on Select HR for upcoming training.
- Updating training events once training has been completed and checking previous weeks training to ensure we capture any required rebooking’s.
- Creating and sending letters for upcoming training for both internal and external candidates.
- Organise the printing of internal course paperwork and CITB Site Safety Plus course paperwork.
- Dealing with internal and external customer calls and logging enquiries.
- Booking rooms.
- Emailing training reminders for upcoming training and completing the ‘training ring round’ to ensure full course attendance.
- Creating in-house certificates for both internal and external candidates.
- Sending out cards and certificates to internal and external candidates.
- Running new starter report every two weeks to ensure new employees meet our training criteria.
- Running expiry reports every month.
- Logging all red CPCS and NPORS cards on the NVQ progress tracker to ensure they are ready to register for NVQ.
- Any other duties required of you.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Efficient on MS programmes including: Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Working days: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Working Hours - 37.5\ p/w
Hourly Wage: £3.90
Weekly Wage: £146
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.