Little Toes Day Nursery is a newly established Day Nursery located in Nottingham, and we are now looking for Trainee Nursery Assistant who are great team players and have a profound passion for childcare and education. You will need to contribute in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children, alongside the Nursery Owner and Nursery Manager, whilst supporting other team members throughout the Nursery provision.
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
We are looking for individuals who can work with and support children, and also strive to build and maintain strong associations with parents/carers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children
- To record children’s learning and development journeys, and to then communicate these with parents, carers and other key adults
- To be actively engage in great team working
- To liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members
- To participate in the high-quality care and supervision of all children
- To attend activities that are out of working hours (e.g. staff meetings, training, and events etc.)
- To be flexible and to be prepared to help where needed (including domestic jobs e.g. preparing meals, and cleaning toys etc.)
- To follow the ethos of the nursery, creating a warm and friendly environment
- To work alongside the Nursery Owner, Nursery Manager, and staff team
- To ensure that EYFS is promoted efficiently and that its policies are followed correctly
- To ensure great customer service
- To help with the smooth running of the Nursery
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Owner/Nursery Manager
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Childcare Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working on a shift basis between the hours of 7.30am-6.30pm
Total hours per week: between 40
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £156
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.