Apprentice Office Administrator
McAndrew Utilities Ltd was founded by Sean and Seamus McAndrew in 2000, and has always been proud to retain its values. From small beginnings the Company has achieved year on year growth delivering services essential to the development and maintenance of infrastructure assets. Our services can be brought together in any combination to provide integrated capabilities.
Installation of water mains and services, Installation of gas mains and services, Installation of ducting and cabling, Hire of suction excavator, Installation of drainage, Reinstatement, Labour only provider, and Civils.
Great opportunity to start your career in administration. Upon completion, you may have the prospect of moving forward towards a higher qualification. If you have a genuine interest, are driven and committed then this employer is waiting for you to join their team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming calls and taking messages.
- Keeping the office / kitchen area tidy.
- Post - Helping to distribute the incoming post, logging & posting outgoing post.
- Filing of delivery / collection notes brought in from the Shaftsbury Yard after these have been matched up against the invoices.
- Scanning of GTC Invoices, re-naming & electronically filing.
- Entering GTC Invoices onto SAGE 50.
- Administrating meeting room bookings.
- Scanning, photocopying, shredding & filing.
- Greeting guests & providing refreshments.
- Reconciling Travelodge invoice to jobs every month.
- Ordering bottled gas from Eneragas.
- Updating order sheet prices for Project Manager.
- Ordering & collecting lunch.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Provided:
Level 2 or 3 Business Administration Qualification
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 9am- 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour - £5.40
Weekly wage - £202.5
This is a permanent position If you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, there is a strong chance of progression within the business, with the chance to further your qualifications.