Hope you’re well.
Please see below details of a BRAND NEW Apprenticeship Opportunity we have available – Apprentice Nursery Practitioner, based in Leicester working for a leading Children’s Day Nursery!
If you’re interested, can you please send me an email, with your latest cv (if any different to the copy I have) and a statement as to why a) you’d like to be considered and b) what you think you can bring to the role/business.
With thanks in advance
Job Title: Childcare Apprentice
Apprenticeship Qualification: Early Years Educator Level 3
How long does it take? 16 months
Who is it with? Kids Corner Nursery
Where? There are currently 2 ROLES Available! 1 at the EVINGTON SITE (315 Gwendolen Road, LE5 5FS) &
1 AT THE west end site (12 Upperton Road, LE3 OBG)
Working Hours: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
(between 7.30am and 6pm - on a rota)
Hourly Rate: £4.15 per hour
Reporting to: Nursery Management Team
About the Employer:
Kids Corner Nursery provides excellent childcare throughout the year for babies, toddlers, and pre-school children. We have carefully selected our managers and staff to ensure a high level of commitment and to provide your child with a safe and comfortable environment, ultimately always keeping your child happy.
Kids Corner Nursery has been rated 'Good' in ALL areas by Ofsted. 'Click Here' to view the latest Ofsted inspection report.
Play & Learn...
We aim to provide learning through play to enable happy and healthy development and build the self-confidence and individuality. All activities are based around the current curriculum guidelines which form the basis of the nursery's daily routine. We also have a themed approach to planning activities considering seasons and cultural festivals.
Safety & Equipment...
At Kids Corner Nursery we have invested in new up to date learning and play equipment and materials. We believe this is important for continuous improvement of the nursery and development of your child. In addition, your child's safety is very important to us, therefore we have invested in up-to-date fire and intruder security and door entry systems. Furthermore, all our staff and managers are CRB checked are fully qualified for their duties. View our safeguarding policy - Safeguarding and promoting children's welfare.
Development & Progress...
We know how important it is to keep parents up to date with their child's development at the nursery, therefore each child is given a daily diary which is completed by the relevant staff for parents to read. In addition, we encourage parents to talk to staff and ask question for further feedback. We also hold parents’ evenings, to get up to date of your child’s progress and terms activities.
As your child grows, we aim to lead by example, establishing an environment of mutual respect, which promotes self-esteem and helps to build self-confidence creating a solid foundation to life ahead. We aim to allow children to express themselves as individuals yet at the same time listening and appreciating the views of others. Therefore, we encourage group activities building your child's social and interpersonal skills.
About the Role:
Working in a cosy and vibrant nursery – where children burst through the front door with excitement! As a level 2 qualified apprentice, you will be responsible for providing q high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children places in the setting. You will give support to all staff within the setting, working as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop, and learn. You will build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
And Day to Day?... you will find yourself:
- Supporting supervision of children aged 0-8
- Supervising and monitoring the safety of children in your care
- Helping children to keep good hygiene
- Organising activities or implementing a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Developing schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watching for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bringing the problems to the attention of parents – vigilant safeguarding activities, Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest.
You’ll need to have:
- GCSE – English and Maths (Grade C or above, or equivalent)
- Level 2 in Children's and Young People's Workforce
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Report writing and note taking skills
- Awareness of safeguarding
As well as….
- A Genuine desire to work in the childcare sector
- The ability to communicate on a variety of levels (between parents, children and colleagues
- Have a good sense of humour
- Ability to work under pressure
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.