Brunton Shaw UK is a successful manufacturer of high quality wire ropes for a wide range of applications. The company effectively combines more than 130 years of experience and tradition with an up to the minute range of products, and a customer service package ideal for the modern market place.
Brunton Shaw works in partnership with its customers, delivering quality assured, high performance products, backed by a commitment to service and continuous improvement. This dedication to serving customers has led to Brunton Shaw UK achieving sole supplier status with many of its partners, and becoming approved suppliers to many internationally recognised companies. Our determination to deliver quality products backed by quality service has meant continuous investment in both plant and people, and this enables us to offer products which are fully tested and certified, produced through systems which are approved to the International Quality Standard BS EN ISO 9001.
An ideal apprentice candidate would be someone who prides themselves in their appearance, is confident and has a good telephone manner. With an eagerness to learn and an ability to work within a business office environment we are looking for an apprentice who understands the importance of excellent customer services and will always complete tasks to the best of their ability in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- SAP Activities, BOM understanding
- Prepare Data Sheets.
- Assist with administration on manufacturing functions.
- Organising resources including machinery manpower & equipment.
- Checking raw materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Assist with team leaders’ continuous improvements and
- Quality activities.
- Using Microsoft office preparing necessary paperwork to help and assist manufacturing processes
- Using necessary IT to help with the design for improvements with production to support manufacturing department.
- Assist with ensuring that incoming materials are checked and booked into stock based on company procedures and that supporting documentation (test certificates/C of C’s/test reports, etc.) are checked and filed and that results are correctly recorded.
- Planning of finished ropes, cables, strands, plastic covered cables to the requirements of the appropriate standards.
- Preparation of reports, investigation reports etc.
- Carrying out specialised calculations, evaluating and recording the results.
- Maintain all administrative records. Ensure they are neatly stored and easily retrievable.
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work effectively under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Hard working
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Ability to communicate at all levels
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, with a 50 minutes per day meal break
Total hours per week: 35
Wage per hour - £5 - £7
Weekly wage - £175 - £245
The successful candidate would have the opportunity to expand and progress into other areas of the Operations Department function.