The Scraptoft Day Nursery offers a homely, calm and stimulating environment for the children to learn and develop. The classrooms are bright, spacious and include a wide variety of resources and equipment which are developmentally appropriate offering the opportunity for play and exploration. We actively encourage learning through play and support children to become confident and independent learners.
Our professional staff team are experienced, fully trained and qualified to look after children from 6 weeks up to 5 years in a nurturing, happy and fun environment. We strive to support the needs of each individual child, ensuring they receive the right level of learning and stimulation for their development stage and well being. Our staff team establish excellent relationships with parents and work in partnership to support the children to reach their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career working in a Early Years setting with young children whilst gaining experience as you learn. You will work towards gaining a full qualification and the apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months.
You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare. Throughout your role you will be offered full training, support and guidance.
An ideal candidate will need some child care experience and be able to demonstrate that they are passionate about caring for children. As well as have an outgoing, fun, motivated attitude and being committed, punctual and reliable. The candidate will have or be able to complete a DBS check and have two satisfactory references.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years and organising activities to meet the children's individual needs.
- Assisting and meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children (including changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with the children).
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well-presented.
- Working as part as a team and contribute in an effective and supportive manner.
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and training sessions
- Be able to understand and implement the settings policies and procedures including safeguarding.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working and Reliable
- Organised and Punctual
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Some previous experience of working with children
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 2 or 3 Early Years Educator
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working 7am - 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £146.25
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress within the business. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.