Here at Distinct, we believe in doing the right thing, every time, supporting clients and candidates alike. The recruitment industry can have some negative feelings associated with it. We weren’t happy to be bundled into that category. We live by doing the right thing and we know that’s what sets us apart from our competitors.
We place candidates first. We ensure that we’ll be genuine and ethical even if that means we don’t make a fee. Providing honest, constructive and impartial advice to candidates on their career options allows us to thoroughly understand where someone may be best placed. There is a person behind the CV, and in a world so fuelled by automation and impersonality, it’s crucial not to forget this.
To provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to the business whilst offering first class customer service to our candidates and clients face to face and over the phone. You’ll get the opportunity to work with all areas of the business to develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of Administration, Marketing, Database Management and Office Support. You will play a key role in the success and growth of Distinct.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meeting and Greeting of clients and candidates when they arrive at our offices and making tea and coffee’s ensuring the first impression is the best
- Ensuring allocated meeting rooms are prepared for meetings i.e drinks, biscuits, appropriate temperature etc
- Booking meeting rooms for candidate and client meetings using online booking tool
- Provide candidates with electronic registration forms and RTW docs
- Answering the phones and transferring calls to relevant consultant.
- Replenish office sundries- milk, sweets, biscuits / loading drinks fridge & stationary cupboard
- Taking phone messages and emailing relevant consultant with through details
- Referencing all temporary candidate pre-employment and logging on bullhorn
- Uploading registration forms to BH/ from reception and esign
- Take ownership of Audit checks – Reg forms, contracts, ID check etc
- Formatting CV’s for consultants
- Liaising with and co-ordinating deliveries – post, amazon etc
- Updating social media with relevant company news, roles etc
- Sending weekly reports to consultants
- Assist with the preparation of events, team night outs etc
- Stock control
- Prepare candidate and client gifts
- Take gifts to the post office on a weekly basis
- Computer literate
- Customer service orientated
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- Must remain calm and resilient under pressure
- The individual may be asked to travel to other sites for training etc.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement, making an effective and valuable contribution to the team.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A willingness to embrace change
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Desired qualifications and experience:
GCSE’s to include English and Maths at Grade A* - C or equivalent
Competent in Microsoft office
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Advanced Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills ICT (if required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm and Friday - 9am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
Hourly Wage: £5.00
Weekly Wage: £200
Yearly Wage: £10, 800
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to secure a permanent position and progress further within the business.