The business is well established in their area and currently provides care to a number of children from a variety of areas and backgrounds in a fun and nurturing background.
This employer is looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who are keen to establish a challenging but highly rewarding career in the childcare sector, working in a supportive environment. If you want to be part of a cheerful, nurturing environment that offers genuine opportunities for development then we want to hear from you!
To assist in this superior quality of care. In addition regular quality assurance audit tools are accessed to aid the delivery of our unique service and regular meetings are held with parents and other professionals to enable us to reflect on our practice.
Remember – Childcare is not a 9-5 job. It is very important that you have a passion for working with young children. The role will be lots of fun but it is still very important to remain professional. There will be lots to learn but don’t worry you won’t be expected to know everything from day one. The most important thing in this role will be that you are motivated to learn and excited to engage with children on a daily basis. If you’re still reading this and want to apply then we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helping to set up activities for the children
- Supervising the children, ensuring they’re safe at all times
- Supporting children to engage in activities and participate with others
- Supporting children at meal times and assisting with eating and drinking
- Getting involved in creative and messy play with the children
- Helping children to read, sing, count, and join in with imaginative play
- Ensuring the children are safe and supervised at all times
- Helping to plan activities and games
- Carrying out observations with qualified staff
- Tidying away after an activity is finished
- Making sure children feel safe, loved, happy and content
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate on a variety of levels; between parents, children and colleagues
- Awareness of safeguarding
- Good listening skills
- Skills to help make a positive difference to the life of a child
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Genuine desire to work in the children sector
- Willingness to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Leve 2 or 3 Childcare Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working hours either- 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm
Total hours per week: between 35
Wage per hour - £3.90
Weekly wage - £136.50
As with any apprenticeship, after you have finished the qualification you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications. As well as being in full time employment.
Things to consider:
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS Check.