Apprentice Business development
We are experiencing controlled growth and are looking to not only continue that upward trajectory but also bring on young talent that’s eager to learn.
We are a health and safety company that started in 2009 as just a consultancy but now have onsite training capabilities as well as a full spectrum of works offered such as PPE, safety audits and online learning.
We do a lot of work in the community through charitable donations, free training at schools and safety talks and now aim to add to this by providing work for someone young and talented in our area.
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to take on the position of business development trainee within the sales team, on a level 2 apprenticeship. As a business development trainee, you will be involved in all aspects of sales, marketing and account management. To begin with, the employee will be expected to be trained and learn the basics they will complete such as:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Professionally answering customer enquiries either by email, telephone or in person.
- Making cold business to business sales calls (largest part of job)
- Taking payments for goods or services.
- Create and operate a personal LinkedIn profile which shares/likes AW safety posts.
- Monthly commission available upon successful completion of targets
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Pay Review after 6 months and on completion of apprenticeship, with opportunity to increase.
- We will provide a long-time role with opportunities to progress within an expanding company for the right candidate.
- Potential to be taken on full contract after apprenticeship complete.
- Staff car Park available.
- Desire to show initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Competent with the use of all Microsoft packages
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Confidence with dealing with people on a regular basis
- Able to get on with tasks without requiring constant supervision
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Dependant and reliable
- Self motivation
- Team player
- Value others
- Trustworthy and reliable
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE A* to C in English or equivalent desirable
- Some form of work experience in an office is desirable but not essential
- Cold calling experience desirable but not essential.
- A full UK driving license is desirable but not essential.
Level 2 Customer Service Standard
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills ICT (If required)
Constant sales advice and ongoing training/support
Working week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours
Hourly Wage: £5.00
Weekly Wage: £187.75
This employer prides themselves in developing the staff they employ. This wouldn’t be just a job, it will be a career that you can pride yourself with and develop yourself within the business.