In a world 80% over-leveraged upon non-renewable sources of power, the IPCC have announced that we now have 9 years remaining left to prevent irreversible damage to our planet. If we fail, we have no mathematical way of preventing permanent destruction to our eco-system.
We MUST unlock more sources of clean energy.
Energym® are a fast growing smart-tech clean energy Company based in Birmingham, UK, and have recently been voted the UK's most exciting company helping to create a sustainable future by Tech Nation. Working with the countries top universities and engineers we have developed patented systems that enable the capture and conversion of human energy into useable electrical power. We do this at extremely high efficiencies and across a wide range of disciplines.
At Energym we have developed patent pending systems that capture and convert human power into clean useable electricity. Imagine, a world, whereby all the energy from your workout is recycled and used to power the world around us... pretty cool, huh?
Notably through tapping into one of the World’s fastest growing industries: Fitness.
Energym® Core Values:
- Provide fast R.O.I. to businesses
- Provide a significant reduction in energy spend
- Drive businesses to achieve net-zero carbon emission
- Incentivise fitness and clean energy generation via our digital rewards marketplace: GymCoin®
Now working alongside the world’s leading fitness and tech players, Energym® are set to change the game.
Energym are now recruiting for an in-house Office Coordinator & Operations Administrator.
The successful candidate will be highly-organised, autonomous, diligent, professional, mathematical, efficient, multi-tasker, timely and personable. You will be required to work primarily on site at our Birmingham city centre office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clerical work and data entry - filing forms and grants submissions
- Day-to-day form filing and basic bookkeeping
- Compiling and supporting the writing of grant bids and business proposals
- Taking meeting minutes and note taking
- Email management
- HR administration
- Office organisation
- Diary management
- Liaising with external agency staff
- Personally assisting the executive team
- Database management
- Managing social media platforms, i.e. posting on Facebook via Facebook ads manager
- Organisational skills: a strong ability to be organised, keep a clear head and keep track of everything from deadlines to important files
- Professional communication skills: clear and friendly communication with excellent grammatical skills, along with a personable phone and email manner.
- Initiative and drive: the ability to take initiative, work independently and seek out areas of the business to improve and design efficient progresses for.
- Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet input and tracking of spends against budget
- IT literacy: knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Programs and typing skills is required.
- Project management skills: skilled at managing all the moving parts of any given project.
- Honesty and discretion: Handling petty cash and other sensitive topics, it’s important that we are able to fully trust you with all aspects of sensitive company information.
- Time-management skills: Working on several projects means a lot of multi-tasking. This requires the ability to manage your own time and ensure that you are able to deliver on timelines.
- Being a team player: better if you have a flair for championing a team work ethic and fostering teamwork within a team.
- Remaining calm under pressure: an ability to cope with pressure, deadlines and multitasking, often dealing with several stakeholders at once.
- Professionalism: a skill needed for dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
Some previous administrative experience is preferred
Training and Qualifications delivered:
Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills Maths ICT (If required)
Working week and salary:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Working Hours - 40
Hourly Pay: £5 - £7
Weekly Wage: £200 - £300
Long term position for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprentice in Business Admin L3/Customer Services L2.