ThinCats is dedicated to funding growing and ambitious UK businesses whose needs are simply not being served by the traditional bank lending model. Today’s entrepreneurs require a more modern, personal and flexible approach.
ThinCats is an accredited lender to provide term loans through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). We usually fund mid-sized businesses with loans from £1m-£15m, however, government rules limit the maximum loan size for CBILS to £5m.
ThinCats is dedicated to supporting growing and ambitious businesses with funding provided by institutional investors. Working together with SMEs and their advisers to find smart and bespoke solutions, recognising the need for a flexible and forward-thinking mind set. We use big data, but also our experience and common sense, assessing deals on their own merits.
The Finance and Operations team maintain our platform systems ensuring all loan processing and lender account maintenance is completed and done in an accurate and timely manner. The team also carry out all cash management requirements and daily account reconciliations while ensuring any regulatory obligations are met.
Working as a key person supporting this busy team, you will be mentored by the Loan Processing Administrator. Working closely with other teams within the business, predominately in Ashby, but also with our office in London.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Producing loan redemption figures
- Processing borrower repayments on in house systems
- Processing drawdowns on in house systems
- Setting up and processing Direct Debit mandates/collections for borrowers using BottomLine PTX software
- Provide support for the daily reconciliation process
- Calculate and process sweep payments for Institutional lenders
- Setting up payments using RBSI eQ and Barclays.Net online banking systems
- Support client services with lender related queries
- Help provide info/data for other teams within the business and also for audits
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Competent with using Microsoft packages
- Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable
- Professional and well presented
- Good Communication skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Self confident, outgoing with a big personality!
- Good attitude to working under pressure
- Punctual and committed
- Willing to learn
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally GCSE A* to C in English and ideally Maths
Some form of work experience within administration and/or customer facing role would be hugely beneficial, but not essential
Experience of taking calls or speaking with the public in previous roles would be ideal
Training and Qualifications Delivered:
Level 3 Business Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 Functional Skills ICT (if required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Wage per hour: £8
Weekly wage: £300
Annual Salary: £15,000 - £16,000
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance (if eligible)
- Death in Service (if eligible)
- Pension (if eligible)
- We will provide a long-time role with opportunities to progress within an expanding company for the right candidate.
This is a permanent position if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team, there is a strong chance of progression within the business, with the chance to further your qualifications.