The individual will show they can adapt in their role to meet the needs of the employer and learner. An individual learning plan will be created to support your learning and growth within your sector. We also offer interactive resources to support development. Individuals must have potential to discuss their progress via methods such as Adobe Connect Workshops. They will have access to online Smart Screen resources from C&G.
Hamilton Academy/Orchard Mead Academy is situated on the Eastern outskirts of the city of Leicester. It is an 11-16 mixed Academy catering for approximately 1200 students from a variety of cultures.
Our school vision is to Make a Positive Difference to ourselves, to others and to our world. This underpins everything we do and will help us to achieve the best outcomes for all students.
As part of the administrative team at the Hamilton Academy/Orchard Mead Academy, we are looking for an individual who can promote the highest standard of customer care and efficiency to ensure the most effective administration service. You will act as a supportive colleague and provide assistance to administration colleagues and other members of school staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answer enquiries from callers and visitors
- Provide basic admin support e.g. filing, photocopying, word processing, dealing with the mail etc.
- Assist with data entry
- Update and monitor displays around the school
- Answer the telephone and face to face enquiries when covering reception
- Provides basic information about the school to visitors and callers
- Take messages or re-direct to the appropriate person
- Provide admin support for teachers
- Be an effective team player willing to support other team members with additional workloads
- To establish effective working relationships with external bodies as necessary
- To work collaboratively with colleagues
- To undertake any other reasonable, related duty, which the Principal, may request from time to time within a reasonable work schedule
- To participate in the Trust’s performance review process
- To attend team and staff meetings as required
- To be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
To contribution to the vision of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) to ensure we operate on the basis of shared and collective responsibility
- Computer literate
- Customer service orientated
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- Must remain calm and resilient under pressure
- The individual may be asked to travel to other sites for training etc.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement, making an effective and valuable contribution to the team.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A willingness to embrace change
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Desired qualifications and experience:
GCSE’s to include English and Maths at Grade A* - C or equivalent
Competent in Microsoft office
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 2 or 3 Business Administration
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functions Skills ICT (if required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Thursday 8am - 4pm and Friday - 8am - 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Hourly Wage: £4.50
Weekly Wage: £166.50 - only term time so paid over 39/40 weeks for the year
Term Time Only
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to secure a permanent position and progress further within the bus