HR Support Apprentice
Source BioScience Limited is an international provider of integrated state of the art Laboratory Services and Products. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in UK, Ireland and the USA.
Serving a variety of markets, our multidisciplinary expertise includes:
- Outsourced Histopathology Reporting Services & Human Tissue Testing Services
- NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) & Sanger Sequencing Services
- Stability Storage Solutions
- Blood & Tissue Serology Product Manufacture
Supporting the Healthcare System
Source Pathology Services provides a complete histopathology and clinical diagnostics service for cut up, processing and reporting of pre-prepared slides, blocks and wet surgical specimens through our accredited laboratories ISO15189:2012 - medical laboratories standard. Source Pathology Tailors its services through scalable solutions for laboratories whether that is within an NHS Trust or private hospital provider.
A Global Leader for Genomic Services
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of genomic services, on a variety of prominent platforms.
With capabilities including Sanger sequencing, Next-generation sequencing, Microarray analysis, Genotyping and Bioinformatics, our dedicated team of professionals will support your research from RNA/DNA extraction, through to analysis and interpretation of your data.
Stability Storage Solutions
We deliver outsourced controlled environment storage for stability trials at all World Climatic ICH conditions, as well as bespoke conditions. In addition, we offer photostability testing facilities, biostorage capabilities, contingency storage for disaster recovery and facilities for the conservation of heritage items and other precious materials.
Our stability storage rooms and cabinets are also available for purchasing, offering a wide array of options from Cabinets to modular walk-in rooms. Some special projects can be considered.
Blood & Tissue Serology Product
From our manufacturing facility in the UK, Source BioScience manufacture Blood & Tissue Serology products for a global client base. With a strong portfolio of products and a technical team available to consult and work with clients adapting current methods for bespoke solutions to project work for new products for varying applications.
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to take on the position of HR Apprentice, on a level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship.
As an HR Apprentice, you will be involved in all aspects of HR administration and advice across our business, being responsible for the maintenance of our HR Management system (Cascade), handling day to day queries from line Managers and employees, providing advice and guidance in line with Company policies.
This is a wide ranging, generalist role which will give the successful candidate a broad experience in all aspects of HR and is a great opportunity to be part of the development and growth of our business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain personnel records and files within Cascade
- Issue letters and notifications to employees through standard letters generated within Cascade
- Manage the recruitment process by ensuring appropriate approvals are in place and advising line Managers on the most appropriate method of recruitment for the specific role, co-ordinating the placement of appropriate advertisements including on the Company’s website
- Support the drafting and maintenance of Company policies on Q-Pulse
- Provide support to the Company’s Annual Joint Staff Review and half yearly review process by disseminating the appropriate documentation and directives to Line Managers and staff
- Raise employment contracts
- Provide administrative support in respect of any training endeavours;
- Create reports in respect of HR matters on activities within HR over the preceding month
- Support in the provision of information to benefits providers
- Provide occasional reception cover and assist the receptionist with the co-ordination of the reception rota.
- Comply with all quality control procedures to support maintenance of Source
- BioScience’s Quality Management System.
- Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Company safety policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with grade and experience.
- Manage the recruitment process by co-ordinating the placement of appropriate advertisements including on the Company’s website, setting up a recruitment file for each position, receiving all applications and placement on file, liaison with relevant Line Manager to determine which candidates they wish to interview, drafting and sending of appropriate letters to candidates as per the recruitment policy.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good keyboard skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A pleasant and courteous manner
- Hard working
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Bubbly and outgoing
Desired Knowledge and Qualifications:
GCSE A* to C in English or equivalent desirable
A full UK driving license is desirable but not essential.
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Diploma in HR Support
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Additional day off on your birthday
- Pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Free staff car park available
Working Week and Salary:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Hourly Wage: £5.00
Weekly Wage: £187.50
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.