Junior Purchasing Assistant
Global Fire Systems have a nationwide team of Operations Managers and Sales Adviser's who give advice and support to all of our client base. Our team is always available to carry out on site surveys and attend meetings to provide technical knowledge on all related systems. To make sure that we can provide the most up-to-date technical and design solutions to suit any application we provide extensive ongoing training for both engineers and sales adviser’s.
Global Fire and Security Systems has vast experience of delivering major projects to a high quality successfully and on time. Our LPS1014, BAFE SP203 & NICEIC accreditation means that we have strict procedures on how major projects are run and each contract has an audit trail throughout the project with supporting documentation.
The projects team successfully completes contracts from £5,000 to in excess of £3,000,000. The contracts are as diverse as system extensions to large network systems of all disciplines within the fire and security industry.
You will be assisting the teams in completing deliveries, ensuring they are all logged correctly as well as being stored and distributed on time. Maintaining stock levels and assisting in maintaining the companies better buying policy, as well as assisting the department in working safely.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take deliveries and ensure they are logged, stored or distributed
- Place orders with suppliers
- Ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Ensure purchasing is carried on best price.
- Chase Proof of delivery reports and outstanding orders with suppliers/Carrier
- Log and manage returns to suppliers ensuring full credits are received.
- Monitor and maintain stocking levels
- Package and distribute orders and engineer stocking orders
- Ensure storage areas are in order
- General administration ie:- filling, maintaining spreadsheets
- Ensure company PPE stock levels are managed
- Assist in maintaining the company better buying policy
- Assist the department in working safely
- Assist with company vehicle hire and returns
- Monitor supply only orders
- Monitor and action Pro Net orders
- Ensure requested quotations are supplied to both Service & Projects departments as well as any requested Supply only quotes are turned around in a timely manner.
- Hire & Monitor site plant for both service & projects departments
- Full UK Driving License Required
- Computer literate
- Customer service orientated
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), however training will be provided to help improve your skills if needed.
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to go above and beyond
- Positive attitude
- Strong personal skills
GCSE’s A* - C in English and Maths or equivalent
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Business Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Hourly Wage: £7.17 - £7.94
Weekly Wage: £269 - £298
Yearly Wage: £14.000k - £15.500k
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.