Payroll Services Administrator Apprentice
CCM uses the latest technology to provide high quality payroll services to companies all over the UK. We have been established for over 35 years and have a wide variety of customers from household names employing several thousand people to small companies with only a few staff.
We are different to most of our competitors in that we not only provide payroll services but also own and develop the software systems used for the service. This gives us unique flexibility to respond to individual customer needs and allows us to have a very different approach. Key to our success are our staff, most of whom started at a junior level and have developed their skills with us and most have been sponsored by us to gain degree equivalent qualifications.
Our goal is to make payroll as simple as possible for our customers and do this by employing enthusiastic people using the best of the latest internet technology.
The vacancy is for a trainee payroll assistant who will be part of our bureau team. We have three main parts to the business projects, support and bureau. The payroll administrator role is the main entry point to the business where experience is built with the eventual possibility of graduating into one of the other more specialist teams. Efficient processing of business, effective management of day to day tasks and that clients receive a high level of service when contacting the practice.
Are you aged 18 and over? Do you have A-Levels? Looking to work within the financial industry? LivePay is looking for a candidate looking to build a career in payroll administration and is keen to learn and develop a range of skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The bureau team is responsible for the day to day processing of payrolls.
- Many of our payrolls collect data through an internet portal and this is then checked and processed
- Some customers provide data on spreadsheets and a few by other means and it all needs to be entered into the system so that tax/ National Insurance etc. can be calculated, payslips produced and payments to employees made.
- Reporting to the bureau manager the candidate will be increasingly involved in all aspects of the payroll processing, including printing and pressure sealing paper payslips, burning CD’s and entering data.
- Computer literate
- Customer service orientated
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), however training will be provided to help improve your skills if needed.
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to go above and beyond
- Positive attitude
- Strong personal skills
10 GCSE’s to include English and maths at Grade C or above.
Training and Qualifications Given:
Level 3 Business Administration
Level 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Level 2 Functions Skills Maths (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, in time moving to a split shift system of
08:30-16:30, 09:00-17:00 or 09:30-17:30
Total hours per week: 37.5
Hourly Wage: £5
Weekly Wage: £187.50
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress further within the business.