Apprentice Support Worker
Lester Hall Apartments provide a professional solution to the Care Management of each individual Resident in accordance to their tailored Care Programme and a frame work to drive forward continuing care. Providing strong motivation to build staff morale with various training to achieve a dedicated Staff Team to do the job.
The Apprentice Support Worker will ensure that the personal needs of residents are met in a way that respects their dignity and promotes independence. They will provide the best possible care environment by promoting a friendly atmosphere and help towards the smooth day-to-day running of the home.
The Apprentice Support Worker will bring to the attention of the Home Manager any matters, which will improve the service to residents. They will also keep NVQ coursework and any other training up to date.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activities of residents by talking, excursions, hobbies and recreation.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms, carry out light cleaning and empty commodes.
- Set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light snacks, wash up and tidy and clear the dining room.
- Answer emergency alarms, front door and the telephone. Treat all visitors cordially.
- Take an active part in meetings.
- Read and write reports. Ensure all records are kept up to date and in the correct place.
- Ensure residential & staff confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Highly motivated
- Able to maintain positive relations with residents and colleagues
- Work under pressure
- Team Player
- Keen to learn and develop
Ideally A* - C in Math’s and English
Training and Qualifications Gained:
Level 2 or 3 Health and Social Care
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Maths (If required)
Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English (If required)
Working Week and Salary:
Monday - Friday, working between the hours of - 7:30am - 6pm
Hours per week - 32.5
Hourly wage - £3.70
Weekly Wage - £120.25
Opportunity for progression within the business for the right candidate.
Things to Consider:
Successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS check.