This course is designed for people that are eager to start a sector based work academy or other training, or are looking to improve their IT and work skills to successfully start a job.
- Entry Level 3 Information Technology;
- Entry Level 3 Work Skills.
- You will be training with us for two days a week for five weeks. Courses start promptly each day at 9.30 m and finish at 4.30 pm.
This programme covers all the essential skills you need including,
- Introduction to computers and using the Internet
- Searching and Applying for Jobs
- Setting up a professional email address, finding job opportunities and matching your skills to a job description
- Weekly job search, checking emails and Universal Job Match
- Using Microsoft Word to write and format your CV and covering letters
- Composing and responding to emails, staying safe when using email
- Interview Skills - how to prepare for an interview, common questions and answers
- Teamwork – working with others effectively
Before the course starts we will invite you into an induction where you can meet the team, understand the course and its contents and ask any questions you may have.
We have created our Get InTo Work course to provide all the skills you need to make getting into work a reality. Government funding is available so you can access this programme fully funded if you are:
- have turned 19 before 31st August 2016
- are unemployed and claiming an out of work benefit
- Have lived in the UK for three years or more, come from an EU member country or are a British Citizen
The door is then open for you to start that new career or continue your training with one of our other courses or an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Click here to see when the next course is running or call us now on 0115 959 9544 to book your place.
Alternatively, fill out the form below and we will contact you.