Warehouse Operatives with GXO- Staffordshire
Secure your guaranteed job interview by completing a Sector-Based Work Academy programme.
Fully funded by the UK Government, our pre-employment training courses are built with the purpose to ensure you gain a new skillset and qualification to begin or expand your career journey.
GXO are searching for permanent Warehouse Operatives to join their site in Staffordshire.
Candidates will be working for a leading logistics company in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your role will include:
- To keep up to date with the site H&S policy and rules maintaining a high levels of Health and Safety awareness and report any areas of concern
- Help contribute toward XPO Road to Zero campaign, which means us working together to achieve zero accidents.
- Ensure that the condition and security of the customers stock in the DC`s care is maintained
- Ensure that all duties within the defined area are performed to the highest accuracy and standard according to the standard operation procedures (SSOW’s) relevant for the area you are working in.
- Carry out any assigned warehouse task, after full training including picking, loading, export goods inwards, replenishment, cleaning & general housekeeping, yard duties (this list is not exhaustive)
- Have awareness of the KPIs relevant to Warehouse Operative role
- Ability to utilise warehouse management systems where required on remote device terminals
- Report any hazards, incidents or near misses as per company reporting procedures.
- Encourage and identify ideas for continuous improvement, i.e. health and safety, productivity and housekeeping
- Report any defects, faults, incidents and accidents to management immediately
- Demonstrate accuracy in all aspects of work to ensure quality of service
- Understand and adhere to XPO company policies at all times
- Ensure driving of MHE / PPT / FLT / Counterbalance is to test standard at all times (if trained)
- Carry out daily pre operational checks on any MHE before operating (if required)
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to your area following training and when required
The hourly wage for this role is £9.99.
There are weekend shifts available for individuals wanting to work solely on weekends.
There are also full time shifts available, with working hours of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
For the 2pm-10pm shift, there is a wage rise of an additional 0.72p per hour. For the 10pm-6am shift, there is an additional £1.20 per hour.
The benefits to this role include: 33 days holiday, free car parking, subsidised canteen facilities, access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, uniform, apprenticeship opportunities and continual training.
- Level 1 Employability
- Level 1 Manual Handling
Length of Study: 6 days
Teaching Method: Online remote learning
Job Role: Warehouse Operatives
Would you like to get started?
- Contact our customer service team on 01332 332 401.
- Book now to register your place onto a selection day. One of our customer service team members will be in touch shortly to confirm your attendance.
Who is it available to?
To complete this programme fully-funded you need to be:
• Aged 19+ and not in employment or education OR
• Unemployed or earning less than £17,374.50