2021 Distance Learning Offer
The CT Skills team have been working hard since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic to discover new, immersive methods of providing outstanding education and career opportunities through blended and online learning.
One of the most notable features of the new CT Skills distance learning offer is the introduction of a brand new Virtual Learning Environment which allows learners to gain their qualifications within a tutor-led classroom, entirely online.
From January 2021
What to Expect with CT Skills
Our distance learning offer is available to all age groups (16 to 19, apprentices and adult learners). Types of education include ‘Apprenticeships’, ‘Pre-apprenticeship Traineeships’ and ‘Short courses’, all of which offer outstanding career progression prospects.
In usual circumstances, you can choose whether you want to do distance (entirely online) or blended learning (mix of classroom and online learning). There will be times when we are only able to offer distance learning such as during a national lockdown.
Keep reading to find out
Why over 99% of all 2020 learners are satisfied
A Distance Learning Experience
We know that it is not always easy to get motivated when you study online. Having someone available to guide and support you is very important and with CT Skills you are never left alone.
On all of our courses a dedicated tutor will see you through your entire journey. Your tutor will deliver regular teaching sessions and review your progress remotely to keep you on track. You will receive ongoing support from your tutor in group and 1 to 1 online meetings. Your tutor is available to you via email, phone and video conferencing
My Assessor was amazing, she supported me throughout my qualification and regardless of Covid we found a way that suited me!
Felt totally safe with blended learning. On classroom days temperature was taken on arrival, everyone was wearing a mask and hand sanitiser in every room.
Even though it’s virtual, it’s been an absolute pleasure meeting Jamie and the other lads in my group. I really enjoyed this course and feel excited to start my career in the Construction Industry!
I would recommend this online course to anyone who wants to change a career path or needs the qualification to get employment – so worth it!
Our short courses are fully supported with our very own Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) designed by our tutors to make online learning more interesting and interactive.
- – Courses include Construction, Functional Skills, Customer Service, Health & Social Care, Employability & more!
- – Find all the learning and assessment materials on the VLE to revise after an online teaching session or extend your knowledge further
- – 24-hour access to our VLE 7 days a week
- – Varied learning activities include videos, e-learning, quizzes, e-books and all the online assignments you need to do to achieve your qualification.
Meet Anthony for an experience of a Customer Service class.
Our apprenticeships are supported with a variety of specialist high quality resources designed by professional institutions and awarding organisations such as:
- – Online learning resources by AAT
- – Management Direct by CMI
- – SmartScreen by City and Guilds
- – SkillsBuilder by SkillsForward
These resources complement the regular online teaching sessions delivered by your trainer/assessor.
Meet Lisa, Naomi, Lucy, Donna & Louise from the Childcare team!
Requirements and Expectations
Distance learning requires dedication and self-discipline. We will provide you with all the support and high-quality resources you need to achieve your qualification, but it is down to you to practice and complete the learning and assessment activities provided by your tutor. Every learner is different, and some learners may find a particular topic easy, while others may struggle.
We’re always on hand to support you and give you a challenging but rewarding learning experience.
Areas of Consideration:
- If you are completing an apprenticeship, you will learn on and off-the-job. Your schedule will be agreed during your induction, but all of your studies should be completed in your working hours.
- If you are attending our short courses, our experience tells us that you will need to spend an average of 4 hours a day with some additional self-study online.
- If you have problems, struggle or fall behind on any of our courses, we expect you to notify your tutor as soon as possible so we can make sure you receive the support, resources and encouragement you need.
- You will need to have access to an internet connection and a device that enables you to complete the activities online (laptop, tablet or smart phone). If you have no access to suitable equipment or connectivity, please speak to a member of our team as we may be able access support from the government to assist you with this.
- You will also need a suitable environment at home/work where you can safely and comfortably carry out your studies.
Additional Support Available:
The range of programs we offer enables us to support learners from all walks of lives and with varied abilities, however:
- There are certain entry requirements for each of our courses
- We are equipped to make reasonable adjustments to all our courses, and we will always work with you to find the most suitable course
- There might be occasions when our learners need specialist support that we are unable to provide. In such cases, our knowledgeable team member will advise you on the best course of action for you.