CAREERS AT CT SKILLS
CT Skills is an ambitious business, providing training solutions and workforce development consultancy to employers across the East Midlands and nationally.
We are serious about what we do, the difference we make to all our learners lives, and the impact we have on our employers’ businesses.
Graded as Good by OFSTED in September 2016 across all areas of our business, you can be assured that our recruitment solutions, routes to employment programmes, apprenticeships, traineeships and bespoke courses will deliver meaningful impact to careers and companies.
We have five thriving centres in Beeston, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield & Chesterfield. Growth plans to increase the number of businesses we work with to drive turnover to £10m in two years. We are looking for people with a passion for learning, skills and development to help us achieve these goals.
7 reasons why it is an exciting time to be working in education!
- Employers with a wage bill of over £3 million began paying an Apprenticeship Levy from May 2017 – this will create an additional £2.9billion of Apprenticeship funding per year
- Businesses will no longer be able to fill their skills gaps with migrant labour after Brexit and will have to invest heavily in the skills of their British staff
- The government is expanding tuition fee loans to 19 to 23-year-olds at levels three and four, and 19+ year-olds at levels five and six
- New Apprenticeship standards are being introduced that can get you qualified to degree level without the cost of going to University
- Theresa May, Prime Minister, loves Apprenticeships: “We’ve seen two million apprenticeships created over the last six years, we’re committed as a government to ensuring more apprenticeships are being created” (Sep, 2016)
- The government is committed to funding 3 million Apprenticeships in the lifetime of this parliament
- Employers have designed the new Apprenticeship Standards which makes them more valued in the workplace than Degrees and A-Levels
7 reasons why CT Skills are ready!
- We were graded as Good by Ofsted across everything we do in September 2016 – Grade 4 providers will get locked out of the new Register of Training Organisations and Register of Apprenticeships Training Providers making them vulnerable in the future
- CT Skills draw funding from a variety of sources and aren’t dependent on one funding stream. We have contracts with the SFA, EFA, local authorities and 5% of our revenue comes from employers
- We already working with a number of Apprenticeship Levy employers to maximise the benefit the Apprenticeship Levy can bring to their businesses
- Our Sector Based Work Academies have guaranteed interviews with large companies like Premier Inn, Arriva and McDonalds
- Our Traineeships have guaranteed work experience with companies who are committed to giving young people a chance like Marks and Spencer and Nottingham City Homes
- We are a large training provider with an excellent reputation – helping us to meet our ambitious growth targets
- We have just been re-accredited for British Standards ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 and are in Investor in People