THE CT SKILLS WAY
Regionally Trusted Independent Training Provider
CT Skills is a family-owned training and recruitment provider with over 20 years’ experience in delivering a variety of programmes for the benefit of people and businesses across the Midlands.
With the 10th largest Adult Education Budget of any ITP in the country, we are able to offer in excess of 40 classroom courses every month.
Our classroom provision is only part of our success with 100% of apprentices stating they are happy with their overall learning experience in our latest 2018/19 Satisfaction Survey.
Why CT Skills
Whether you are considering committing to a 10 day classroom course, an 18 month apprenticeship, or streamlining all your junior recruitment with us- you can do so with complete confidence. CT Skills was founded over 20 years ago by a Nottinghamshire family and since then we have continuously evolved to offer market leading training and recruitment opportunities across the Midlands.
- 100% Apprentice Satisfaction Rate (2018/19)
- Family values at the core of all operations
- 10th largest AEB budget nationally
- Ofsted graded GOOD
As your business partner
CT Skills are an ambitious business that works with employers to provide apprenticeship training based on three fundamental principles:
1. It makes a measurable difference to your business
2. It is aligned to your values and objectives
3. It is created in partnership
- Since 2018, CT Skills have instigated 50% of Work Based Learning starts within Levy employers.
- We have achieved a fantastic 83% FE Choices employer satisfaction rate.
- CT Skills are rated 'Good' by Ofsted!
As your Trainer
CT Skills is a fantastic place to continue your education. Whether it’s classroom based learning, work based learning, apprenticeships or skills training, we cater to every individual’s learning needs. With 5 learning centres spread across the Midlands, we’re sure to have a centre near you!
- Since 2018, 99% of our Classroom Based Learners are happy with the quality of teaching and resources we provide.
- We have an outstanding 93.1% FE Choices learner satisfaction rate.
- Since 2018, CT Skills have delivered over 3,800 qualifications to people in the Midlands and further helped nearly 250 people move into jobs.
As your employer
At CT Skills, we are passionate about following our company’s values on a day to day basis. This is to ensure our staff are happy, respected and working to their full potential. The ways in which we continue to develop and support our staff are as follows:
- All line managers are now trained in IOSH Managing Safely and Mental Health First Aid.
- We have ongoing internal promotions to support individual career development in delivery and quality assurance.
- Our employee retention rate is 78% YTD and has improved from 69% the previous year.
- In the Annual People Survey, every employee in CT Skills agreed that they understand how they contribute to our ambition.
CURIOUS ABOUT THE
FACES BEHIND THE BUSINESS?
We understand that you might not just want to take our word for it. So we recently asked our people what they felt CT Skills stood for, what impact we have and why we do what we do.
Take a look at the video here to hear their answers to these questions.
“CT Skills is expanding by the day with it’s glowing reputation and proven learner satisfaction. Our main priority is providing an excellent level of service to every learner that walks into our centres.”
“My time at CT Skills has been relaxed, informative and, of course, always enjoyable. They really have turned it all around for me.”
“CT Skills boosts your confidence so much. The staff are so informative. Since starting here I have secured a job, I’m better educated in English and my confidence has soared.”
“Before my interview, CT Skills would ring me often to make sure I was feeling OK and if I had any questions. They made me very confident in the fact that I had support.”
TRUSTED AND REGULATED
Our Funding Contracts
Education & Skills Funding Agency
The Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) are a partner organisation of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Their job is to fund and regulate adult further education and skills training in England.
The ESFA’s mission is to ensure that people and businesses can access the skills training they need to succeed in playing their part in society and in growing England’s economy. They do this in the context of policy set by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and informed by the needs of businesses, communities and sector and industry bodies.
CT Skills contracts directly with the ESFA. Asides from meaning funding is more readily available for individuals and employers who qualify, this means we are closely monitored and regulated.
European Social Fund
The European Social Fund (ESF) is designed to improve the skills of the workforce and to help people who have difficulties finding work. ESF provides additional investment to support and enhance Education and Skills Funding Agency activity, to enable disadvantaged people to access and benefit from employment and skills opportunities.
How is European Social Fund spent?
In the current ESF programme running from 2014-2022, the Skills Funding Agency is responsible for ESF learning provision to the 19+ age group.
The ESF will support young people in jobs without training who are at risk of becoming ‘not in education, employment or training’ (NEET). This provision will enable them to gain skills and knowledge that will improve current and future employment or learning.